Tuesday, August 26, 2008

NYX COSMETICS

Okay, I'm in no way related to NYX COSMETICS, nor and I trying to do MLM here. But this deal is too good to be true, and I 'm darn happy with my loot of 5 lipsticks, which by the way arrived today.

This is my first time trying NYX products, as I'm a sucker for higher-end brand cosmetics such as Givenchy and Anna Sui, and sometimes if I have the extra cash, Chanel. Don't blame me, it's heredited from my mom, who is a sucker for the likes of Clinique and Clarins, especially. We are afraid weird branded cosmetics will leave us with rashes and red marks all over our faces!

I bought my NYX products through a spree, which was ordering from a US boutique site. The current offer was USD 0.99 for a NYX ROUND LIPSTICK. Us being Singaporeans, who wouldn't be tempted to check out the offer? I know I couldn't resist. In the end, I ended up ordering 5 different shades of the lipstick. Being skeptical, I was unsure how the colour and texture would turn out.

When I got back from work today, I was super excited to see my parcel lying on the dining table. (BTW, they ship really fast! Items arrived in about 10 days after ordering.) I ripped open the parcel and immediately tested the products. I was super happy. The colour was perfect, matched the colour swatch on the site, the texture was super creamy and smooth, and it was not super glossy or matte, it was just right. The scent, smelt almost akin to that of the Givenchy lipsticks! And did I mention I found the exact shade I've been hunting high and low?! It's called ROSE.

If you are wondering how the lipsticks look like, here's a sample picture from a site:-



It's a simple black tube with the signature NYX logo, colour swatch at the bottom of the tube and colour label on the top of the cap. For comparison, it looks like the Rouge Bunny Rouge (popular UK cosmetic brand)lipstick. Sure, it's not as fancy as the Anna Sui ones, but these NYX lipsticks sure make me feel super happy.

I paid USD0.99 X 1.43 (exchange rate) + $1.30 (international shipping and local mail) = S$2.72 per tube! Compared to the pricey S$41 per tube Givenchys and $39-ners Anna Suis, I'm a happy and contented girl :) I just ordered 2 of NYX's Round lipglosses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home